Jason Wrobel’s Raspberry Coconut TimbitsLeave a comment
August 16, 2013 by Living Girl Living Foods
I’ve made something similar to this in the past for clients, the cookies actually looked identical to these but I used different ingredients. I’m not a huge fan of using so many hazelnuts in a recipe, I prefer to use almonds, walnuts or pecans if I am going to use nuts. These seem to digest easier for clients and myself.
But I figured I should test this recipe out and see what I could take from it! I found the recipe off of Sunwarrior‘s website, here is the direct link to the recipe. Below I have copied and pasted the recipe and instructions also.
You will need a food processor for the cookie and a blender for the filling, you could use the food processor for the filling as well but it won’t be as smooth.
These take around 10 minutes to make at most depending on the quality of your machines. This is a great treat to make for friends with ease in case they just appear at your home ;-)! Bon Appetit!
Jason Wrobel’s Raw Vegan Raspberry Coconut Timbits Recipe
- 1 cup organic raw hazelnuts
- Pinch Himalayan crystal salt
- ½ – 1 teaspoon ground vanilla powder or vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons raw coconut nectar or agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 10oz bag frozen raspberries
- 1 tablespoon raw coconut nectar
- About 2 tablespoons water
- Add hazelnuts, salt, and vanilla to food processor and grind into a fine powder. While food processor is still running, add coconut nectar and water. Dough will be ready when it starts to ball up.
- Form dough into twelve or fourteen bite-sized balls with imprint or hole to add filling.
- Blend frozen raspberries, coconut nectar, and water about 30 seconds for a thick and smooth filling.
- Use pastry piping bag or small spoon to fill cookies with raspberry filling (I used a tablespoon)
- Dust cookies with organic unsweetened coconut and Warrior Blend vanilla protein (I used original/plain).
Number of servings (yield): 12
For me personally somehow this only made 8 cookies. I think mine also look a little more sticky? I’m curious if this reflects the quality of the shredded coconut, it’s the first thing that comes to my mind at least 😀
Any who, my friends did enjoy these treats but the raspberry filling ends up making the whole cookie turn red quickly if they aren’t eaten right away. Just a heads up! I also recommend freezing these for just a few minutes, it gives it more of a cookie feeling and the raspberry filling has more of a jam consistancy this way.
I am keeping this post short and sweet today ;-)! It’s Friday night and I am sure you all have wonderful adventures ahead of you. So get off your computer and live it up my friends. Thank you all for taking the time to stop by my website. Much love ❤ and raw power 😉
Category: Uncategorized | Tags: coconut nectar, coconut shredded, cookie, Food Processor, hazelnuts, Jason Wrobel's Raw Vegan Raspberry Coconut Timbits Recipe, nuts, protein powder, sauce, sunwarrior, thumbprint