Ways To Stay Inspired & Get Motivated Wherever You Are On Your Journey.1
March 9, 2013 by Living Girl Living Foods
Most of my posts are based on conversations I’ve had with people or research I’ve done for my own personal questions. But a topic that has been popping up at least every day now for almost a week is how to change, get motivated, and have fun with cleansing or changing ones eating habits.
We can all make excuses; convenience, too old, too young, just wanna have fun, broke, busy when it comes down to it we will create a fear to prevent ourselves from doing things. Usually these changes seem larger than us because we have built them up to be that way.
When it comes down to it your body is the most amazing thing you will ever own.
Sometimes knowledge is what helps spark these changes in people. A movie, book, documentary, friend, blog, dream, thought, one raw meal, a juice the smallest experience can have the largest impact.
Be an explorer! Venture out, take the unknown path, do something that scares you, observe the world as if you have never seen it before.
Many of our thoughts are just waves, it comes and goes. If we decide to look deeper, accept this relationship we can get to the core of ourselves. We can accomplish and be the people we want to grow into being. When we let these thoughts become bigger, more powerful is when we become weak. Our lives are filled with constant noise, thoughts and opinions.
I’ve spoken in great detail about the power of thoughts, actions, and silence in my YouTube videos. If this is something that interests you, please take a peak 😉
If you are transitioning into a new lifestyle, diet, cleanse or so on and it feels overwhelming I have a few tips that I hope will help.
- Eat foods you love. Be willing to try out at least one fruit or vegetable a day that is new to you. If you are worried about trying this new thing, as someone in the grocery store what they do with it.
- Surround yourself with supportive people, books, movies, and art. You are doing more then feeding your mind, but also your soul. Someone else’s story may help quiet the negative voices in your mind. Eating right and clearing your mind is your health care and self care 😉
- If you are doing a juice cleanse or are going vegetarian, look for meet up groups or find people to join you in your juice cleanse. Go to weekly meetings where you and others share their feelings, ups and downs, motivations books and so on.
- Shake it, move, dance, laugh, create, and surround yourself with beauty. A huge part of feeling better mentally, physically and spiritually is in movement and being creative. Express yourself every day and be grateful. I personally love yoga, dancing while juicing, walking or hiking, reading, writing and painting. Getting a message, twists, going upside down anything to get the blood flowing and to assist with detoxing ❤
- Drink loads of water to give your body a proper cleanse. This will also help with movement, brain function, muscle growth, and so much more.
- Drink at least one green juice a day, preferably on an empty stomach for extra cleansing benefits. This is a wonderful tip for those who are transitioning to a plant based diet ❤
- Try to consume fruits and vegetables that are high in water content with every meal. Some examples are cucumber, celery, melons, grapes, radishes, blueberries, romaine, strawberries and tomatoes. I personally like to aim for 80% or higher with each meal or juice. This keeps me feeling full 😀
- If you are planning on doing a juice cleanse soon and are more or less on the Standard American Diet, gradually cut out processed foods, meats and treats along with caffeine and alcohol. This will kick start some cleansing and aid in a smoother transition. Also possibly having more pureed and liquid meals, so the stomach gets use to this form of food.
- Donate or give someone any foods that you are choosing to no longer consume. That’s right, it’s a choice! You are choosing to eat healthier, you could eat something else but you have made the decision not to. Hearing to many “no” this and that makes it sound depressing and it’s hard to get motivated.
- My big personal thing is I like to take care of any conversations, emotions or things I have been holding back. If there is a conversation I have been meaning to have with someone but I’m been too much of a wimp, I like to take care of it before cleansing. Getting rid of some of that emotional baggage feels so good! Also getting rid of any old clothes, or trinkets that mentally are holding me back in some shape or form.
I’ve done a few posts in the past about this topic but not so in-depth. If you are curious here is a link to them. In these posts I also shared ideas on how to get creative and inspired with juicing, documentaries I recommend and books.
Here are some books (and a magazine) I have been reading this month for some knowledge, growth, meditation assistance, becoming more aware of my actions and words and in general I find this all to help me stay inspired and motivated.
I hope this was helpful in some way! This is the best time to start up a cleanse, it’s spring, there is a larger selection of produce around and it is much easier to go outside for some one on one reconnecting time with yourself and nature. Sunshine is a great motivate too hehe. Best of luck to everyone on their journey! Thank you all for stopping by my site. Much love ❤ and raw power 😉
Thank you for the lovely inspiring “spring cleaning” post!