May 2, 2012 by Living Girl Living Foods
Back to the beginning! Here I go again 🙂 Starting all over to Phase 1, making the shakes, juices and smoothies (it’s a set menu for each day so it’s the same drinks, no alternatives).
I’ve been hearing from most Fat Blasters (what I am calling people following this cleanse/fat blast book) that they are frustrated and have lost around 3 pounds in total during Phase 1 and 2, thus they are doing as Ani recommends and repeating Phases 1 & 2. Before getting too hung up over how to blame yourself or trying to figure out why this isn’t working evaluate where you are right now.
If you are new to vegan food, raw food, high raw, or all of these diets your body has just tried to make a massive adjustment. Your energy levels will be off because your body was so used to consuming processed sugars, foods, caffeine and heavy-duty fats. Some other signs of this is issues sleeping, aches, headaches, constipation or increase of elimination (higher fiber intake can cause such opposite results) and acne.
The body is doing what it can to cleanse all those previously made bad choices out. This is just me speaking my mind I have no proof of any sorts just my own experiences. It would be kind for your body and mind if before starting this Fat Blast you cut caffeine, sugar, processed foods and animal fats out of your diet. Everyone is different on how long it takes them to get their barrings. My belief is that this could take 2 weeks to a month to get your energy level high, completely get rid of these items from your diet with may be one set back, and to feel happy & confident with eating a high raw diet.
It is also key to work out while following this Fat Blast meal plan. Ani mentions 20 minutes a day works, but I’ve been doing more than double that amount. So far I have fairly good results too.
Drinking enough water is a factor in losing weight along with stress and sleep. Working out, walking, creating, getting enough sleep, being positive, giving positive energy, serving others, laughing and so on are ways to stay lessen stress and will probably help you sleep better too!
Consciously make the choice to work on all of this while you complete Ani Phyo’s Fat Blast. If you plan on continuing eating meat, sugar, processed foods, caffeine and so on after doing the Fat Blast you will most likely gain whatever weight you lost back.
PLEASE read the entire book before starting the cleanse!!! It will teach you why you are eating certain things, give you ideas on how to continue eating well, why eat raw, and some food facts. Sometimes these education chapters give us all the fuel we need to stick to something. It can explain why you crave certain things and how to overcome those thoughts.
Not all diets work for all of us. Our bodies needs are so different from one another. This cleanse is high in medium-chain fatty acids and many of the recipes use nuts, coconut oil and avocado. If you have any heart problems, the fats in coconuts probably aren’t the best for you.
Any type of diet, cleanse, or so on, is a chance to flip over a new leaf in your life it’s an inspiring time. You will discover yourself, and possibly see through all the chaos and chatter in your mind. If you are like me, and you believe this below is a list of Dalai Lama’s 18 Rules For Living (I’ve bolded rules that easily relate to cleansing). Try to incorporate these in your life. Keep a journal (written or art) of how you feel, anything that comes to mind while you cleanse. This will help you stay focused and strong.
2. When you lose, don’t lose the lesson.
3. Follow the three R’s: Respect for self, Respect for others, Responsibility for all your actions.
4. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
5. Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
6. Don’t let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
7. When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
8. Spend some time alone every day.
9. Open your arms to change, but don’t let go of your values.
10. Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
11. Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll be able to enjoy it a second time.
12. A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.
13. In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situation. Don’t bring up the past.
14. Share your knowledge. It’s a way to achieve immortality.
15. Be gentle with the earth.
16. Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.
17. Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.
18. Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
var _gaq = _gaq || ;
ga.src = (‘https:’ == document.location.protocol ? ‘https://ssl’ : ‘http://www’) + ‘.google-analytics.com/ga.js’;
var s = document.getElementsByTagName(‘script’); s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s);